Dr. Yahuaca is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Yahuaca also participates in multiple mentoring platforms, and serves on scholarship committees, with focus on increasing the number of under represented minorities in medicine and in particular in the field of orthopedics.
When Dr. Yahuaca is not seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his family, watching and participating in mixed martial arts, playing volleyball, doing carpentry, and sketching and painting. Dr. Yahuaca is also bilingual in Spanish.
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences: University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL
- General Surgery Internship: University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Missouri School of Medicine,
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery Barry J. Gainor MD Resident Award in Education
- Outstanding Orthopedic Resident Award
- Lynn O. Litton MD Resident Award for Academic Excellence
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa, FL
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Woodland Surgery Center
- 2021 St. Luke Award Recipient
The award recognizes physicians who have an outstanding rapport with nurses, patients and their families; show respect for the nursing profession; provide education and act as a resource to staff; serve as a role model; and exhibit a team approach to care.
- 2018 Lynn O. Litton MD Resident Award for Academic Excellence
The award is given to the graduating resident who best exemplifies the professionalism and academic excellence that defined Lynn O. Litton, MD.
- 2018 Barry J. Gainor MD Resident Award in Education
The award is given to the resident who demonstrates the best teaching qualities and abilities and most exemplifies Dr. Gainor.
- 2017 Outstanding Orthopaedic Resident Award
The award recognizes a senior orthopaedic resident who exemplifies outstanding interdisciplinary communication, patient- and family-centered care, collaboration, and the principles of professionalism.
- 2012- 2014 Self-Reported Injury Patterns In Mixed Martial Arts Fighters.Tudor, Gregory, MD. Hafner, John, MD. Ross, David, DO. Yahuaca, Bernardo Israel, M3. Peoria, IL
- 2016-2017 Ch. 23; Surgical Management of Capsulolabral and Rotator Cuff Injuries in Throwing Athletes. Seth L. Sherman, MD, B. Israel Yahuaca, MD, Derek Stokes, Jeffrey Freyder, MD, Patrick A. Smith, MD
- Shoulder and Elbow Injuries in Athletes: Prevention, Treatment, and Return to Sport. Robert A. Arciero, Frank A. Cordasco and Matthew T Provencher.
- 2016-2018 Safety and efficacy of hyperosmolar irrigation solution in shoulder arthroscopy. Nicholas Capito, M.D., James Cook, D.V.M., Ph.D. B.Israel Yahuaca MD, Seth Sherman, M.D.,Jonathan Fech,B.S., Marie Capito, Pharm.D., B.C.P.S., Matthew Smith, M.D.
- 2018 Superior capsular reconstruction: Who, what, and when? Primary care physician newsletter 2018 Tampa, FL. B. Israel Yahuaca MD,Mark Mighell MD.
- 2019 Chronic distal biceps repair with allograft reconstruction: Outcomes. B. Israel Yahuaca MD, Benjamin Lindbloom MD, Allen Gorman MD, Mark Mighell MD.
- 2019 Acute surgical management of proximal humerus fracture;ORIF vs Hemiarthroplasty vs Reverse shoulder arthroplasty. B. Israel Yahuaca, MD; Shaan Patel, MD; Kaitlyn N. Christmas, BS, CCRC; Peter Simon, PhD; Mark A. Mighell, MD; Mark A. Frankle, MD
1225 E Coolspring Ave
Michigan City, IN 46360
770 Indian Boundary Road
Chesterton, IN 46304